If you need to make any corrections in your aadhar card whether it is mobile number, date of birth, or name then you must carry documents required for aadhar card. Even, if you are planning to make aadhar card for the first time then you need to submit all the required documents at the enrolment center. Many people don’t have an idea about it, so today in this article we will be sharing a complete list of documents required for Aadhar Card for minor or NRI.
- 1 List of Documents Required For Aadhar Card
- 2 Aadhar Proof Of Address (PoA) Documents
- 3 List of supporting Proof of Identity for Aadhaar Card
- 4 List Of proof For Date of Birth | (DoB) Required Documents
- 5 List of Aadhaar card documents supporting Proof of Relationship
- 6 List of Proof Documents for Child
List of Documents Required For Aadhar Card
Once you know you are eligible for aadhar card or you are registering for an Aadhaar card for the first time, you will need to submit a few documents including a proof of identity (POI), Proof of address(POA), proof of date of birth (DOB) and Proof of relationship(POR) that will support your claim. So, let’s take a look at the documents required for Aadhar Card to apply.
Aadhar Proof Of Address (PoA) Documents
Documents Required for NAME update / correction:
Here, PoA stands for proof of address which required for address verification. Make sure that at the time you submit Proof of address documents for registration are correct because the Aadhaar card will be sent to this address. Below is the complete list of documents that serve as a proof of Address.
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Pan card
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months).
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Photo Bank ATM Card.
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institutions on letterhead
- Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
- NREGS Job Card
List of supporting Proof of Identity for Aadhaar Card
The Identity proof documents (PoI) are required for Aadhaar Card to prove the candidate or any individual as an Indian Citizen. But note that all these documents should have your name and photograph on it. These documents are issued by the different Government bodies.
Documents Required for Aadhar Address update / correction
- A PAN card that includes your photo
- Ration Card
- Driving license
- Voter ID
- Photo ID cards issued by the government
- Arms license
- Photo identity card issued by any recognized educational institution
- Pensioner/Freedom Fighter photo card
- Disability ID card issued by the government of respective State or Union Territory
- Address certificate issued by the Department of Posts that mentions your name and should have a photograph
- ECHS/ CGHS photo card
- Credit card with your photo imprinted on it
List Of proof For Date of Birth | (DoB) Required Documents
To prove the date of birth mentioned by you is correct, the following required documents can be submitted at the time of new Aadhar registration. Even the same documents are needed for the DOB Corrections.
Documents Required for Aadhar Card/ DOB update / correction
- Birth Certificate
- SSLC Certificate
- Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
List of Aadhaar card documents supporting Proof of Relationship
- Pension card
- MNREGA job card/PDS (Public Distribution System) card
- ESIC medical card
- Army canteen card
- Government-issued marriage certificate
List of Proof Documents for Child
Below are the required documents for a child below 5 years.
- Date of birth proof
- Aadhaar card details of the child’s parents.
- Address proof of the child’s parents.
- Identity proof of the child’s parents.
Above you will find the correct and valid documents required for Aadhaar card. You can use the any of the documents mentioned above for new Aadhaar card registration or Aadhar Card Corrections. But make sure at the time you submit documents for aadhar card are correct because Any fake documents submitted as the proof documents can lead to the application rejection by the UIDAI Verifying authorities. After the complete registration, you can easily download aadhar card online by Date of birth and by name.