Aadhar Card Status – Check Aadhar URN Status – Steps to check Aadhar Status: Aadhar card is one of the most important cards or identity holder that contains all the confidential data of a person starting from their name to the birthplace and it is the route to many more important data. Nowadays one can notice that aadhar card has been made mandatory and everyone is making and linking it with their account or SIM cards. So now you know why it is very vital to have an aadhar card. It has been said that one can just carry their aadhar card as a proof of their identity instead of carrying a lot of documents. So if you are a new person who is making their aadhar card or is quite confused with the entire concept of why you need to have an Aadhar Card then this article is for you. We have also shared step by step guide to check Aadhar Card Status online.
What is an aadhar card?
Aadhar Card consists of 12 unique digits that serve as the identification number of a person which is issued by the Indian Government and is held by every individual who is residing in India. Under the planning commission of India the Unique Identification Authority of India functions who is actually responsible for controlling and managing the aadhar numbers as well as the cards. So one must be thinking that why this concept came into their mind. Well, the answer is the project of Aadhar Card was initiated in order to create an attempt to have a unique and single identification document or the number which will contain all the information of a person including biometric and demographic information.
There are various identification documents starting from PAN to a passport, ration cards, and driving license. The use of Aadhar Card cannot replace the individual importance of these documents but it can be used as a sole identification when a person will be applying for various things. In the various financial institution, bank, businesses, telecom firms it is also used as a way of knowing your customer that is KYC. So the base of the database will be served by the Aadhaar number. So now every disadvantaged resident of India can easily access all the services which have previously denied due to an insufficient identification document.
Every resident of India can easily apply for making the Aadhar card when they can supply all the identity proof like PAN card, passport or driving licence as well as address proof by providing power bill or bank statement and biometric profiling will be done where the fingerprints will be scanned along with their iris at the aadhar centre. After the stipulated time their Aadhar card will be generated.
Benefits of having Aadhar card
- The very first thing that you will be benefited with is now you won’t have to run along with various proves or documents. So the Aadhar card is the ample proof of The Identity as well as the address.
- The senior citizens are usually benefited because they can easily get the pension payout in a timely For older people, the process of documentation is time-consuming and cumbersome. They can also use the Aadhaar number and register online for getting the digital life certificate. By using this the oldest citizen can easily get the pension by sitting in their house as an entire process will now be handled digitally.
- If you want to get a new passport within 10 days due to any kind of urgency then it can also be possible with the help of Aadhar card. So whenever you will be applying for the passport make sure you are attaching the Aadhar card as your identity proof and address proof. So after three days, you will be getting the appointment and the entire process of passport interrogation and dispatching will be done within a week.
Aadhar Card Status | Check Aadhar URN Status Online
Aadhar card also needs to get some updates and these updates are divided into two parts one is the biometric data and the other is the demographic data. Once you are requesting to update, rectify or change any information that is present on the aadhar card which you have previously submitted you will constantly have to track the Aadhar Card Status to check if it has been allowed or approved or whether it is still under the progress or whether it has been denied. In below section, we have posted a complete tutorial to check Aadhar Card Status online.
For updating, you will need to fill an application form at the enrollment center or online. Along with that, you will have to submit the documents that can validate the new changes and you will be provided with the update request number and acknowledgment slip. With the help of this, you can easily track the status of Aadhar update request.
What is URN? How to check URN Status?
The URN is the abbreviation of update request number. Using this number one can easily track the Aadhar Card Status of the request for the updation of Aadhar card.
What is acknowledgment slip?
Every applicant is provided with the receipt given by the UIDAI known as the acknowledgment slip. In this receipt, every detail related to Aadhar card will be provided and whenever you will need to check Aadhar Card Status update you will need this slip.
How to Check Aadhar Card Status online?
After requesting for the updation in the Aadhar Card you will be receiving the acknowledgment slip that you can download or print and in this slip you will get SRN and URN. So if you want to check your Aadhar Card Status then you will have to follow the steps:
Steps to check aadhar card status online
- So the very first thing that you will be doing it to visit the official website of Aadhar that is www.uidai.gov.in
- Now you will be at the homepage of the website where you can see the category Aadhar updation.
- You will have to find this heading and then click on the “check status- update is done online”.
- Now you will have to provide the SRN and URN Aadhaar number and click the verification and hit the get status button.
- Now you will be taken to a new page where your Aadhaar update status will be shown.
If you have submitted the request at the enrollment Centre then you need to follow these steps:
- You will have to visit the official website of Aadhar that is www.uidai.gov.in.
- Now you will be at the home page and can see the category that is Aadhaar update.
- Now you will have to click on the check status option along with update done at an enrollment center.
- Now enter all the 28 digit number of the URN for checking the status of the Aadhar updation.
How to download E Aadhar Card by using Aadhaar number
- At first, you have will have to visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Now look for the section which shows the Aadhar online services.
- You will have to check the dropdown list of Aadhar enrollment and pick the download aadhar option.
- Now the page will be redirecting you to a new page where you will get the option of downloading the E-Aadhaar by putting theVID, EID or Aadhar information.
- Now you will have to look for the section which says to enter the personal details from there you will have to choose the option Aadhar.
- You will have to provide your Aadhaar number in the first box.
- You will have to provide your entire name which has been registered in the Aadhar card.
- Now provide the pin code of your address which was also mentioned in the Aadhar card.
- Now you will have to enter the captcha which is a security code.
- If you are having TOTP then you can deny the sending of OTP.
- If you don’t have to TOTP then you can opt for a request for getting OTP.
- Now you will have to enter the six-digit OTP which will be sent to your registered number.
- Now all you have to do is download Aadhar card from the official website of UIDAI.
Things to keep in mind before updating the Aadhar card
- If a person wants to avail all the facilities which are provided by the UIDAI then he needs to keep the aadhar card updated.
- The portal of UIDAI will also help the users in tracking the status of updating request.
- If you want to change anything related to the mobile number which is associated with Aadhar Card then you will have to perform the biometric authentication. It is not possible to do it by posting online so you will have to visit an enrollment center for doing this.
- You can also change the email id present in the Aadhar Card by visiting the enrollment center.
This is a little overview on how to Check Aadhar Card Status online and how the making of your own Aadhar card is going to be very beneficial for you. So make sure you are having your Aadhar card ready as it will help you to easily authenticate your identification. Aadhar card can be made for people starting from children to senior citizens.